Sunday, August 31, 2008

FL Reffell

While I was in London I had the pleasure of meeting John and Frances Reffell. John runs an excellent family history website about the Reffell family and got in touch earlier this year. He has written a biography of Frank Leslie Reffell, who emigrated to South Australia on the Orsova with my great-grandfather: www.reffell.org.uk/people/australianfarmboy.php I highly recommend a browse through the website to meet some other fascinating characters, such as Madame Caballero!

John has kindly offered to host my thesis and Wartime magazine article at his website too: www.reffell.org.uk/elspeth/farmboys.php

John and Anne Vogt have also assisted in locating sources about the Kent Colonizing Association, which loaned money to Frank and many other apprentices from the Tunbridge Wells area to cover their emigration costs. Thank you both for lending your expertise!

No comments: